Sunday, November 17, 2002

Weighty matters:

Kathryn is talking about weight, and the abundance of same, with her usual clear analysis. I think particularly telling were her thoughts about lifestyle change. The issue of weight is driving me bonkers lately for two reasons. One is that, while I'm always big, I added an extra 15 in the last six months, and it is a very uncomfortable fifteen, and it really needs to go. The second issue has come in that a guy at work has shown a lot of interest: I can't let go of the fact that I'm a little, oh, how does he put it? Voluptuous? And I think there's something wrong with him for not being turned off by it, and he thinks that probably if it weren't for all the things society says men would be more honest about not preferring stick women, and...well, anyhoo, it's an issue right now.